According to production notes, director Darren Aronofsky wrote the script for mother!, his new horror movie starring Jennifer Lawrence, while holed up alone for five days. You can only imagine what he might have produced if he’d worked straight through the weekend.
mother!, a highly secret project that caused jaws to drop, stomachs to hop and eyes to roll when it was sprung on audiences at the Venice Film Festival, is cruel, delirious and slammingly effective. It, the Stephen King movie currently owning the U.S. box office, is scary. mother! is terrifying.
Lawrence plays a nameless woman who »
- Tom Gliatto
Similar News ItemsJennifer Lawrence (III)
- Darren Aronofsky Responds To ‘F’ CinemaScore For ‘Mother!’ (From ET Canada. 21 September 2017, 12:38 PM, PDT)
- Kate Winslet’s Lee Miller Biopic Secures Financing and Distribution (From Women and Hollywood. 21 September 2017, 11:01 AM, PDT)
- ‘Mother!’: How Darren Aronofsky’s Team Turned a Victorian Mansion Into a House of Horrors (From Indiewire. 21 September 2017, 8:00 AM, PDT)
Stephen King (I)
- Josh Greenstein Re-Ups as Sony Marketing and Distribution Chief (From Variety - Film News. 21 September 2017, 3:17 PM, PDT)
- This Major Change From the Book in the It Remake Even Scared Stephen King (From BuzzSugar. 21 September 2017, 2:45 PM, PDT)
- Channel Zero creator wanted to create “a John Carpenter suburban nightmare” with No-End House (From Flickeringmyth. 21 September 2017, 2:02 PM, PDT)
Black Swan (2010)
- ‘mother!’: Darren Aronofsky Reacts to ‘F’ CinemaScore, Says ‘Some People Are Not Going to Want to Listen’ (From Indiewire. 21 September 2017, 11:04 AM, PDT)
- ‘mother!’ is the Smartest Comedy of 2017 (From Indiewire. 20 September 2017, 10:35 AM, PDT)
- Paramount Doesn't Care How Much You Hate Mother!, Ok? (From BuzzSugar. 20 September 2017, 7:05 AM, PDT)