Callaham’s hiring, announced Wednesday, came at the behest of Jenkins in the wake of her closing her own deal to co-write, direct, and produce the sequel for Warner Bros. Jenkins and Johns have already been working on a treatment.
The sequel’s logline is being kept under warps but Jenkins has said in interviews that she would like to set the new film in America during the Cold War.
Jenkins and Callaham worked together previously on “Jackpot,” which was in the works last year as an English-language remake of the 2011 Norwegian action comedy and had Mila Kunis and Bryan Cranston attached.
Variety was first to report that Jenkins was already working on a script for the sequel with Johns, who »
- Dave McNary
Similar News ItemsWarner Bros. [us]
- Taika Waititi now in talks for the live-action Akira movie (From The AV Club. 19 September 2017, 5:59 PM, PDT)
- Thor: Ragnarok Director Could Helm Akira (From We Got This Covered. 19 September 2017, 5:26 PM, PDT)
- Could ‘Kingsman’ or ‘Lego Ninjago’ Dethrone ‘It’ as Box Office Champ? (From The Wrap. 19 September 2017, 4:33 PM, PDT)
James Cameron (I)
- James Cameron Bringing ‘True Lies’ To TV (From The Playlist. 19 September 2017, 9:59 AM, PDT)
- Linda Hamilton Set to Return to 'Terminator' Franchise (Exclusive) (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 18 September 2017, 4:49 PM, PDT)
- James Cameron Invests In Pea Protein Facility - ‘Avatar’ Characters Going Vegan In Sequel? (From Deadline. 18 September 2017, 11:30 AM, PDT)
- James Corden Regrets Kissing Sean Spicer at Emmys: ‘I’m Disappointed’ (From Variety - TV News. 19 September 2017, 9:51 AM, PDT)
- Are You Ready for the Most Exciting Oscar Race in Years? (From Variety - Film News. 19 September 2017, 8:25 AM, PDT)
- Let Nick Offerman Take You to Camelot in ‘A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court’ — Exclusive (From Indiewire Television. 19 September 2017, 6:00 AM, PDT)