Once scheduled to begin in February of next year, production on the so-far untitled Star Wars: Episode IX is now expected to kick off in June 2018, which ought to lend J.J. Abrams and co-writer Chris Terrio (Justice League) ample time to finalize a script.
First reported by Variety, it’s understood Lucasfilm and Disney had already begun making the necessary arrangements to accommodate said delay, and only made the news official after it was revealed that Abrams, not Rian Johnson, would be the one to shepherd Episode IX toward its December 2019 release date.
It’s a remarkably quick turnaround that echoes Lucasfilm’s handling of the Han Solo fallout, during which time Phil Lord and Chris Miller were formally dismissed from the project to make way for the Oscar-winning Ron Howard. Expect that one to exit lightspeed and descend into theaters on May 25th, 2018. And while the mere thought of »
- Michael Briers
Similar News ItemsStar Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)
- Lucasfilm Wanted a Luke Fans Have Never Seen Before in Last Jedi (From MovieWeb. 25 September 2017, 4:30 PM, PDT)
- Why The Han Solo Movie Showing The Kessel Run May Be A Bad Decision (From Cinema Blend. 25 September 2017, 3:57 PM, PDT)
- Music Video: Scandroid – Thriller (Cover) (From Horror News. 25 September 2017, 3:57 PM, PDT)
- Rey Reunites with Han Solo and Chewbacca in New Star Wars Animated Short (From MovieWeb. 25 September 2017, 9:15 AM, PDT)
- Star Trek: Discovery Season 1 Review (From We Got This Covered. 25 September 2017, 8:45 AM, PDT)
- Quentin Tarantino Is Totally Down to Direct a ‘Star Trek’ Movie and Already Has Ideas (From Slash Film. 25 September 2017, 6:30 AM, PDT)
Star Trek (2009)
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ is a Lot of Fun (And a Little Confusing) For ‘Trek’ Newbies (From Slash Film. 25 September 2017, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- TV Talk: First Look at The CW Superhero Crossover Event “Crisis on Earth-x” (From Collider.com. 25 September 2017, 12:51 PM, PDT)
- Star Trek: Discovery Premiere Earns Higher Ratings Than The Orville (From Screen Rant. 25 September 2017, 12:45 PM, PDT)