The fourth edition of the New Chitose Airport Intl. Animation Festival has announced 35 titles in international competition at the event, including works by Koji Yamamura, Daisy Jacobs, and David O’Reilly (“Her”).
The festival will be held Nov. 2-5 in the terminal building at the New Chitose Airport in Hokkaido, Japan. For this year’s edition, a total of 2,037 titles were submitted for competition from 85 territories around the world. The festival has selected 35 titles for the international competition, nine for the family competition, and 13 for the Japan competition.
The selections include “Notes on Monstropedia,” directed by Yamamura, a major Japanese animation writer, and Phil Mulloy’s “Endgame.” Other selections are “Everything” by O’Reilly, who worked on Spike Jonze’s movie “Her,” and “The Full Story” (pictured) by British directors Daisy Jacobs and Chris Wilder. Jacobs has won many awards with “The Bigger Picture” (2014).
The five competition judges are Liu Jian from China, Igor »
- Variety Japan
Similar News ItemsHer (2013)
- A Little Help from His Friends: All of Paul McCartney’s Surprise Guests on His One on One Tour (So Far…) (From PEOPLE.com. 18 September 2017, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- Chris Pratt Jokes He Wasn't Invited to Emmys But Says Ex Anna Faris 'Did an Amazing Job' (From PEOPLE.com. 18 September 2017, 12:04 PM, PDT)
- Colin Jost Gushes Over Rumored Girlfriend Scarlett Johansson: ‘She’s Pretty Awesome’ (From PEOPLE.com. 18 September 2017, 4:56 AM, PDT)
- Today in Movie Culture: Spike Jonze's New Live Dance Film, John Carpenter's New 'Christine' Music Video and More (From Movies.com. 15 September 2017, 9:30 PM, PDT)
- Spike Jonze Created a Live Dance Film With Mia Wasikowska and Lakeith Stanfield on the Set of ‘The Tonight Show’ (From Slash Film. 14 September 2017, 3:30 PM, PDT)
- Watch Spike Jonze Direct Live Dance Number on 'Fallon' (From Rolling Stone. 14 September 2017, 1:28 PM, PDT)
The Bigger Picture (2014)
- ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’: How to Improve a Superhero Franchise the Marvel Way (From Indiewire. 10 July 2017, 9:24 AM, PDT)
- Twin Peaks, Parts 7-8: Re VFX and Almost Nothing More (From Filmmaker Magazine. 26 June 2017, 1:23 PM, PDT)
- Mandy Moore Encourages Her Younger Self to ‘Be More Spontaneous’ in Personal Letter: ‘Say Yes’ More! (From PEOPLE.com. 18 April 2017, 6:00 AM, PDT)