It seems that audiences are eager to drown out the threat of nuclear armageddon on the Korean peninsula by hitting up the multiplexes this weekend. Nothing makes Americans forget about a looming missile crisis like a demonically possessed children’s toy.
With cable news chyrons blaring the latest in the war of words between Kim Jong Un and President Donald Trump, “Annabelle: Creation” is shaping up to be a much more potent force than initially anticipated. The Warner Bros. and New Line horror film is on track to bring in as much as $38 million this weekend from 3,502 locations, according to Friday afternoon projections. Some rival studios even think it has a chance of hitting $40 million. No matter where it lands, the opening weekend will be a nice return on the film’s $15 million production budget. It’s also a much bigger debut than the $25 million launch that many were predicting the film would enjoy.
- Brent Lang
Similar News ItemsChristopher Nolan (I)
- Christian Bale really hit Heath Ledger during The Dark Knight’s interrogation scene (From Flickeringmyth. 18 October 2017, 4:10 AM, PDT)
- WB Looking To Push ‘Blade Runner 2049’, ‘Wonder Woman’ & ‘Dunkirk’ For Oscar (From The Hollywood News. 18 October 2017, 1:02 AM, PDT)
- Christian Bale Hit Heath Ledger for Real in The Dark Knight (From MovieWeb. 17 October 2017, 10:27 AM, PDT)
- Avengers: Infinity War Gets An Updated Logo (From We Got This Covered. 17 October 2017, 4:49 PM, PDT)
- Tessa Thompson Dishes on Her Dreams of an All-Female Marvel Movie (From E! Online. 17 October 2017, 1:34 PM, PDT)
- Kevin Feige has teased the whereabouts of Captain Marvel in the McU (From Flickeringmyth. 12 October 2017, 12:22 PM, PDT)
The Dark Tower (2017)
- Jake Chambers meets the Gunslinger in ten-minute clip from The Dark Tower (From JoBlo. 17 October 2017, 5:20 PM, PDT)
- new and ongoing dvd & vod releases, Us/Can, from Oct 17 (From FlickFilosopher. 17 October 2017, 4:05 AM, PDT)
- Venom Targets Veep Star Reid Scott in Mystery Role (From MovieWeb. 16 October 2017, 2:41 PM, PDT)