It seems that audiences are eager to drown out the threat of nuclear armageddon on the Korean peninsula by hitting up the multiplexes this weekend. Nothing makes Americans forget about a looming missile crisis like a demonically possessed children’s toy.
With cable news chyrons blaring the latest in the war of words between Kim Jong Un and President Donald Trump, “Annabelle: Creation” is shaping up to be a much more potent force than initially anticipated. The Warner Bros. and New Line horror film is on track to bring in as much as $38 million this weekend from 3,502 locations, according to Friday afternoon projections. Some rival studios even think it has a chance of hitting $40 million. No matter where it lands, the opening weekend will be a nice return on the film’s $15 million production budget. It’s also a much bigger debut than the $25 million launch that many were predicting the film would enjoy.
- Brent Lang
Similar News ItemsChristopher Nolan (I)
- Christopher Nolan Accidentally Sunk an IMAX Camera While Filming Dunkirk (From Screen Rant. 19 August 2017, 9:02 AM, PDT)
- Box Office: ‘Hitman’s Bodyguard’ Shooting for $20 Million in Slow Weekend (From Variety - Film News. 18 August 2017, 1:14 PM, PDT)
- Oscars: Clint Eastwood, Steven Spielberg, Ridley Scott Race to the Finish (From Variety - Film News. 18 August 2017, 12:04 PM, PDT)
- The Avengers, the Guardians and Spider-Man team-up for Avengers: Infinity War promo art (From Flickeringmyth. 18 August 2017, 12:39 AM, PDT)
- The Guardians And Avengers Assemble On New Infinity War Promo Art (From We Got This Covered. 17 August 2017, 5:57 PM, PDT)
- New Captain Marvel Writer Won't Start Script from Scratch (From MovieWeb. 17 August 2017, 5:09 PM, PDT)
The Dark Tower (2017)
- The Dark Tower review – sketchy sequel to Stephen King’s fantasy saga (From The Guardian - Film News. 20 August 2017, 12:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘It’ Game Allows You to Experience the Terror of Pennywise the Clown in All His 8-Bit Glory (From Indiewire. 19 August 2017, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Box Office: ‘Hitman’s Bodyguard’ Shooting to $20 Million Debut, ‘Logan’ Not So ‘Lucky’ (From Variety - Film News. 19 August 2017, 8:42 AM, PDT)