What originally was a New York Times best-selling novel turned into a 1995 film, and now a television series.
Epix’s new scripted mobster comedy series “Get Shorty” premiered its first episode at the Los Angeles Pacific Design Center on Thursday night.
The dark adventure comedy follows former mobster Miles Daly (Chris O’Dowd), who has dreams of becoming a Hollywood movie producer. As Daly makes attempts at living a normal life away from the crime ring, he ends up carrying that baggage with him.
“A lot of the stuff he goes through is quite understandable,” O’Dowd added. “He’s going through relationship problems and trying to win his daughter back, trying to improve his job.”
Creator and writer Davey Holmes told Variety about his vision for the TV adaption of Elmore Leonard’s classic novel. “We wanted to ground it, have the ability to slow it more down at times and to play some serious drama »
- Dixie Limbachia
Similar News ItemsRay Romano (I)
- The Big Sick, Jamie Bell and Stand Up for Something to be Honored at Hollywood Film Awards (From Hollywoodnews.com. 23 October 2017, 9:34 AM, PDT)
- 'The Big Sick' Cast, Jamie Bell to Be Honored at 2017 Hollywood Film Awards (From Entertainment Tonight. 23 October 2017, 7:50 AM, PDT)
- Hollywood Film Awards: 'The Big Sick' to Receive Comedy Ensemble Award (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 23 October 2017, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Pam Grier, the Foxy Siren of Blaxploitation, to be Honored at This Year’s St. Louis International Film Festival! (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 11 October 2017, 5:08 PM, PDT)
- Justified producers option Elmore Leonard’s Detroit novels for TV (From Flickeringmyth. 3 September 2017, 6:00 PM, PDT)
- “Justified” Producers Creating New Series Based On Elmore Leonard Detroit Novels (From TVovermind.com. 1 September 2017, 1:30 PM, PDT)
Get Shorty (1995)
- Cancelled or Renewed? Status of Cable & Streaming TV Shows (E-l) (From TVSeriesFinale. 19 October 2017, 12:10 PM, PDT)
- Exclusive Interview: Carlos Sanz talks rescuing Jeff Bauman in Stronger, what Bauman represents, Crank, and more (From Flickeringmyth. 19 October 2017, 3:30 AM, PDT)
- First Trailer For John Travolta As Legendary Crime Boss ‘Gotti’ [Watch] (From The Playlist. 26 September 2017, 7:29 AM, PDT)