While his highly anticipated movie version of Stephen King’s “It” doesn’t bow for another two months, Andy Muschietti looks to have already found his follow-up, attaching himself to Sony’s adaptation of “Robotech.”
Muschietti’s creative partner Barbara Muschietti will join Gianni Nunnari and Mark Canton in producing the project, which is based on the 1980s cartoon series from Harmony Gold USA and Japan’s Tatsunoko Productions.
The story is set in a time when Earth has developed giant robots from the technology of an alien spacecraft that crashed on a South Pacific island and is now using that technology to fight off an impending alien invasion.
- Justin Kroll
Similar News ItemsWarner Bros. [us]
- ‘Dunkirk’ Currently Pushing ‘Emoji Movie’ Out Of Top Spot With $28M+ – Late Night Update (From Deadline. 29 July 2017, 12:10 AM, PDT)
- The Week in Movie News: Here's What You Need to Know (From Movies.com. 28 July 2017, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- Ben Affleck Hasn’t Signed On For The Batman Trilogy Yet (From We Got This Covered. 28 July 2017, 5:48 PM, PDT)
- Nina Agdal Posting Naked Instagram Photo To Tempt Leonardo DiCaprio Is Fake News (From GossipCop. 28 July 2017, 2:39 PM, PDT)
- Leonardo DiCaprio Could Have Won Project Runway With This Creative Beach Towel Style (From Popsugar. 28 July 2017, 12:35 PM, PDT)
- Leonardo DiCaprio & Tobey Maguire Cruising with Hot Chicks in St. Tropez!!! (From TMZ. 28 July 2017, 7:50 AM, PDT)
- Trailer Watch: A City is Forever Changed in Kathryn Bigelow’s “Detroit” (From Women and Hollywood. 27 July 2017, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Janelle Monáe and Elle Fanning Front Tiffany & Co.'s New Ads, Jessica Chastain Joins Ralph Lauren Fragrances and More Style News (From PEOPLE.com. 26 July 2017, 4:17 PM, PDT)
- Toronto International Film Festival 2017 Sparks Oscar Buzz (From Backstage. 26 July 2017, 8:00 AM, PDT)