Jesse Eisenberg dabbled with biographical films in 2010’s The Social Network, where he played Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg. Now Variety reports the Now You See Me 2 star is going full biopic for an upcoming movie about Marcel Marceau, the internationally renowned mime and actor who was a part of the French Resistance in his youth. Eisenberg will play Marceau, who joined the French underground in Limoges, where he would alter the ages on the identification cards of other Jewish teens in an effort to keep them out of the labor camps. He also hid Jewish children from the Gestapo, and even posed as a Boy Scout leader to smuggle them into Switzerland. Sadly, when he returned to his hometown of Strasbourg, he learned his father had been captured and sent to Auschwitz, where he was killed along with so many others.
Jonathan Jakubowicz is writing and directing the ...
- Danette Chavez
Similar News ItemsThe Social Network (2010)
- Today in Movie Culture: 'It' Opening Redone in Lego, How Movies Get Smart People All Wrong and More (From Movies.com. 22 September 2017, 9:30 PM, PDT)
- Did Mark Zuckerberg Successfully ‘Diffuse the Potential Explosion’ Around Facebook’s Ad Biz? (From The Wrap. 21 September 2017, 3:50 PM, PDT)
- Facebook to Turn Over 3,000 Russia-Bought Ads to Congress (From The Wrap. 21 September 2017, 1:37 PM, PDT)
- The Week in Spandex – Justice League screening reaction, Dceu praise, Avengers 4 casting, The Punisher trailer, The Defenders struggles, X-Men: New Mutants wraps and more (From Flickeringmyth. 23 September 2017, 8:33 AM, PDT)
- Another Cameo Has Been Cut From Justice League (From We Got This Covered. 22 September 2017, 3:20 PM, PDT)
- Justice League: Joss Whedon Has Reportedly Also Cut Kiersey Clemons' Iris West From The Film (From ComicBookMovie. 22 September 2017, 12:08 PM, PDT)
- Facebook Sued for Age Discrimination, Accused of Mocking 50-Year-Old (From TMZ. 22 September 2017, 4:58 PM, PDT)
- Facebook Withdraws Reclassification of Non-Voting Shares (From The Wrap. 22 September 2017, 1:26 PM, PDT)
- Mobile Giants Sprint, T-Mobile on Verge of Merger (From The Wrap. 22 September 2017, 7:40 AM, PDT)