The project was set up in October at MGM, which won a bidding war for Chiara Atik’s script about a fairy godmother hired by a teenage client to find her true love with a prince. Complications ensue when the prince starts falling for the fairy godmother instead.
Brownstein, Fred Armisen, and Jonathan Krisel created the satirical series “Portlandia,” which debuted on IFC in 2011. The show stars Brownstein and Armisen, and won a Peabody Award and an Emmy and completed its seventh season in March.
- Dave McNary
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Trailer for “Cook Off!”: Melissa McCarthy Mockumentary on Food (From TVovermind.com. 23 September 2017, 8:00 PM, PDT)
- Dylan McDermott & Dermot Mulroney to Appear on Fox’s ‘La to Vegas’ Together, Confusing Everyone (From Slash Film. 23 September 2017, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Whoever Approved the Sean Spicer Skit at the Emmys Should Be F*cking Ashamed (From BuzzSugar. 23 September 2017, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- ‘The Lego Ninjago Movie’ Director Charlie Bean on Making His Feature Film Debut (From Collider.com. 23 September 2017, 8:39 AM, PDT)
- Box Office: ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’ Dominates With $40 Million (From Variety - Film News. 23 September 2017, 7:47 AM, PDT)
- Lego unveils second wave of The Lego Ninjago Movie tie-in sets (From Flickeringmyth. 23 September 2017, 3:55 AM, PDT)
- TV Review: ‘Transparent’ Season 4 on Amazon Prime (From Variety - TV News. 22 September 2017, 10:41 AM, PDT)
- Exclusive: Jill Soloway and Alexandra Billings Discuss How Far-ish Transgender Storytelling Has Come (From Entertainment Tonight. 22 September 2017, 8:07 AM, PDT)
- ‘Transparent’ Review: A Trip to Israel Can’t Change This Family (From The Wrap. 21 September 2017, 2:33 PM, PDT)